Friday, June 4, 2010

Another post that might confuse JR



Don't worry, though, JR. I'm confused too. The only way I can think to interpret this is saying that capitalism drives the knife of hatred through the heart of human love, but I sincerely doubt that that is the message that B.C., best known for promoting the most virulently capitalist strain of evangelical Christianity, was trying to get across.

Still, I have to admire the strip for getting the word "capitalism" onto the comics page at all. When was the last time that happened? Hell, how often does it show up in the paper, period?

3 comments:

JRB said...

I took it to mean that we have a love-hate relationship with capitalism. I'm not sure why we're portrayed as cavemen, though.

Ethan said...

Oh, that hadn't occurred to me.

I'm not sure why we're portrayed as cavemen, though.

That's the best summary of B.C.'s overall concept I've ever seen.

Justin said...

Ah, JRB beat me too it.