Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why Godwin's Law is the stupidest goddamn thing ever

I would like to call attention to the last of the excerpts from Are Prisons Obsolete? that I just posted, in which medical experiments performed on American prisoners between World War II and 1974 are glancingly described.

Medical experiments on captive populations. If you, like me, are a recovering liberal and still in the back of your mind keeping a list of things the U.S. hasn't done recently that make us* in some way better than the Nazis, you can cross that one off.

*"Us" in the sense of "me and a group of people that may or may not include some of the people I'm speaking to." I wish English could distinguish between "me and you" us and "me and them" us.

3 comments:

Salty said...

I'd like to hear more about what's on that list of yours. I recognize it's not a literal list, but playing comparison can be a fun thing to do before it's socially acceptable to be at a bar.

Ethan said...

The only thing I can think of right now is that so far as I know we've never had an official policy of exterminating the gypsies.

Michael- said...

Prisons huh?

But where are all the rich white folk gonna keep the insolent non-rich, non-white folk?

God forbid the whiteys have to start educating and improving the SES of those not invited to the country clubs and "secret" pagan ritual orgys...

Yours, Truly,

Whitey.