Friday, July 16, 2010

Knowing when to stop talking

This is a weirdly lucid thing for a celebrity wife to say, and particularly weird as a preamble to an extended meditation on how prostitutes are asking to be raped, so it's OK to do it:
I cannot explain why men do what they do. I don't understand why we're destroying the Earth to get to Jupiter. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand why we're fighting a war, spending billions of dollars fighting a war over oil, instead of spending that money on stuff that we don't need oil. I don't understand why men do what they do.
If she had just left off there, she would be my new favorite person. Unfortunately, she then goes on to defend her rich football player husband's right to rape prostitutes, so, you know, scratch that.

No comments: