Sunday, March 21, 2010

Donovan, "Riki Tiki Tavi" (bridge)

(Crossposted from Commonplace)

Everybody who's read The Jungle Book knows that Riki Tiki Tavi's a mongoose who kills snakes. Well when I was a young man I was led to believe there were organizations to kill my snakes for me: i.e., the church; i.e., the government; i.e., the schools. But when I got a little older I learned I had to kill them for myself.

Riki Tiki Tavi, mongoose is gone. Riki Tiki Tavi, mongoose is gone. Won't be coming around for to kill your snakes no more my love. Riki Tiki Tavi, mongoose is gone.

2 comments:

Soj said...

Most definitely true. I work entirely "on" the internet, which means I can (and do) move (relatively) at will across the planet and still keep the same "job", so to speak. A vast number of people I know (in the face-to-face sense) are envious of that.

I however look forward to the day when such a thing is possible for almost everyone, making labor (virtually) as global as capital is. Be quite interesting eh? ;)

Ethan said...

I'm guessing you meant to post this somewhere else, eh?

I'm a bit skeptical of the concept of the internet as a leveling of the playing field, but it does change things. It's interesting at any rate.